Fear me not
12:00 | Author: Unknown
description: Father, mother, daughter, rowing, placebo pills, midlife crisis, life is getting a drag, depressed, wanting a change, action in life wanted, cost of family life, do you accept your current life as it is?

(Geoffrey): (rating 9,5)
This movie came quite close to how I feel sometimes. It does not really matter much how old you are, but you probably thought of it sometimes, less or more often. You have or had dreams of what you wanted to reach in life. At some point you reach a more steady part of your life. That might be if you have a family, but also if you are still single. If you really reached that point, be honest, be very honest and think of whether you are happy with what you have reached and where you currently are. For quite some people that could lead to depressing thoughts and you might want to use prozac or some other anti-depression medicine. The effect might be that you are feeling active again, and pretending you are working your way up again. Making new goals you want to reach, perhaps making your family life more interesting again, more alife.

The point is, at what cost? How will your environment react to it? Are they ready for it, will they accept it?

That is a little bit of the idea in this movie. It is not a fast movie, but one with lots of dialogs and food for filosophy and psychology. The movie is from the same team who wrote Adam's Apples and it truly the best movie I have seen for the reason I mentioned in the beginning. It comes quite close how I feel (no, I'm not on prozac or anything like that :-)) sometimes. I reached most of my dreams, I have a good job and a reasonable life, though still single. Still I feel it's becoming a drag.
As for seeing this movie, I rather have it as last, or more space before the other movie started. You cannot just see it and see another one, pretending it's an average movie on the festival, because it wasn't.
This entry was posted on 12:00 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: