Sauna
18:00 | Author: Hans
There are places where man's sins can not be cleansed
Links: AFFF / imdb

Joost remarked correctly; many Scandinavian horrormovies seem to share the same gray, grim, moody atmosphere. Man vs nature. This was no exception. From the background via the story to the characters, there was a consistency in darkness and roughness. A plus.

I didn't "get" the entire story. Judging from the questioning remarks I heard around me during the creditroll, I was not the only one. That in itself is not a bad thing, but this particular story left me dangling too much; but... eh... what?? why? Does it want to lead my thoughts or ideas in a certain direction? If so which, or, well, perhaps not at all? And too much dangling, besides ripped flesh, results in the impression that the film simply failed to deliver the goods.

A shame, for I liked many aspects of it.

Rating: 6
This entry was posted on 18:00 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: