Martyrs
22:00 | Author: Unknown
description: Quite bad for a romantic comedy ;-) -> girls, torture, 15 years later, revenge, family killed, torture basement, group of torturers (martyrs) over decades, ghosts, skin, afterlife.

(Geoffrey): (rating 8)
How do you review a movie like this? It is not a movie for the weak stomache people. How can you give a movie like this a high rating? Some sick stuff happens in the movie and for what? That's a little bit the idea. For a horror/torture movie, the story is quite strong. It is not a horror movie like "look what we can do with bodies/women". Women are mostly the victims as far as I can judge horror movies and men far less. Why actually? I guess it is not very convincing is a man is tortured. Women can look/act more dramatically. They say women can endure more pain, is that really the case? I don't know, but hardly male torturing in this movie.

Anyway, getting back to this movie, I don't go into much details, since I don't need to. Like my other descriptions, when reading the words, you probably get the idea what the movie is all about.

The torturing in the movie is well set in motion. You see some bad stuff, but it is not overdone with blood and gore, unless needed. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of blood and gore but it was done at the right moment, at the right place. As for the story, there is also a good reason why it all happens. Of course it is no excuse, but the reason makes the story very good and therefore I give it an 8. I wouldn't mind never seeing this movie again though.
This entry was posted on 22:00 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: