Impressions day 7
03:47 | Author: Joost
A full week of fantastic films, and the end is not in sight yet. The level of caffeine a day is steadily increasing every day, I'm running about 1:1 now, one strong coffee or red bull before every film starts.

Another "safe bet" in the schedule delivered today. I had heard that Martyrs was definitely worth checking out although it supposedly was a touch cookie to swallow. Indeed it is. "Handle with care". I remember hearing a similar thing about Irreversible years ago. Back then I made a mental note that I wanted to see it one day, but passed on the opportunity on several occasions just because I didn't feel ready. Eventually one Monday evening the film was going to be screened in the Milky Way. I felt curious and centered enough to go and watch it (by myself) and so I did. An experience not easily forgotten, but I am still happy to have seen it that one time.
My advice to you: go and see Martyrs, when the time is right, and when you feel you can experience the film with an open mind.

The "I can do a better job than this" optimism struck today as well. Someone's knocking at the door was flawed on so many levels that I felt confident enough to think that I could do something more remarkable than this! Time to scribble down some notes on possible features and to gather people and equipment, just in time for the 26th AFFF ;-)
This entry was posted on 03:47 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: